Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

Crossing Guard by Nagoya Station

Monday, May 11, 2009 / Posted by Zackary /

Some things are radically different in Japan but others are familiar. On my ten minute walk to Nagoya Station lights are timed to keep cars moving and pedestrians waiting.

The longest light and most annoying intersection is this one next to the station. Most Japanese wait for lights to change before crossing but here they are taking no chances. Behind this guard are large buses hell bent on keeping to their schedules.

I don't always mind waiting for the light to change but this guy loves to blow his loud whistle. Often there is no logical reason to blow it, the light is still red and no one is moving.

Late at night there are few people around and no crossing guard so I cross when I feel like it.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment