Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

A quick update

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 / Posted by Zackary /

And I am back!

This is a short note to let everyone know I am still alive and such.

My left wrist hurts most of the time so I haven't been writing much email. I am going to keep this blog updated so please check back often. You can also choose to follow this blog on the top left hand corner.

Anything you would like me to write about?

Nagoya is starting to get cold (not in the Chicago sense of the word) and that is nice. You know why I love winter? In Chicago I love snow so that is cool. I do not love snow when I am driving. My favorite thing about winter is dressing up in fun clothes. The summer in Nagoya is so HOT that even I only think about comfort clothes. Now I can do the cool layered look and enjoy my leather jacket.

My apartment is fixed up nice and is very warm and cozy. This time of the year there is nothing better than coming home and curling up with a good book on the couch. If you have a nice cup of coffee and turn up the heat you can pretend it is spring. I pretend a lot, it keeps me sane. What am I reading? Lately it has been a guilty please, an Anita Baker Vampire novel. I think she is becoming a vampire and a werewolf, I'm not sure.

I have enjoyed listing to my CD collection (7,300 songs and counting) which makes me happy. The funny thing about having a big music collection is that someone always has more. I met a Japanese guy last week that has over 2,000 CD's. My collection includes a mere 750 CD's.

18 more days of work an then I have 23 days of vacation. My job has been annoying lately but I can't complain about the time off. Actually, I can complain about anything as many of you know. Let me try again and say that I am happy about the long vacation.

Take care and keep in touch,

Love & Peace,
--Z

Labels:

1 comments:

Anonymous on November 20, 2008 at 1:07 PM

So...what are your plans for the 23days of vacation time?

Temperature extremes are seriously the pits. Either too hot or too cold, typical weather in Chicago is uncomfortable no matter how you rationalize your comfort options. Fortunately, there's so many other things to love about this great city of ours. Now when is Spring?

We're supposed to feel fortunate if we're employed these days, so I guess you're one of the lucky, Z.

Post a Comment