Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

Recommended Links

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 / Posted by Zackary /

Hello Everyone!

As I have massive amounts of free time I visit the Web often. So I thought it would be fun to give you some of my favorite links. If you have read something interesting lately on-line please share with me and I will put it on my blog.

The New York Times has an amazing ability to find serious writes that can fully explore current events. Every so often they have great stories on people and places not related to the days news cycle. I hope you enjoy the link below about a 12 year boy as much as I did.


I want to write about politics when I have more time. I wasn't a McCain supporter but I was very impressed by his concession speech. As much as I like Obama, his speech was not great.


I live in Nagoya and the link below contains lots of good info. There are even maps and such for those of you that like that.


Some of you may have followed the story in Alaska where Sen. Ted Stevens (R) was convicted of felony charges but still ran for re-election. He came real close to winning too.


The link below is a fun test of your knowledge of past Presidents. I hope you do better than I did!


Everyone reads manga in Japan. It is like Harry Potter in America where you can see a child, a senior citizen, a punk with fire red hair, a policeman and an attorney all reading it on the same day. Harry Potter is very popular in Japan and when I ask the kids they always know it. The author is worth 1.5 billion last I heard.


A nice article on women in the wine world. The Japanese don't drink much wine and many restaurants don't carry it. The excellent French restaurant I ate at last week had an amazing red wine. I had forgotten how interesting and delightful wine can be.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fg20081114d1.html

I hope you enjoy these links, it was fun for me to share them.

Peace &Love,
-Z

1 comments:

Anonymous on November 20, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Please tell us about your travels in Japan. You know, a full circle synopsis so if we never venture to Japan, we'll still know something about the country. If we go there sometime, we'll know what we want to see for ourselves firsthand as we'll have "seen" bits and pieces of what you've experienced.

Post a Comment