Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

Are We There Yet?

Thursday, September 25, 2008 / Posted by Zackary /

Some days are dry, some days are leaky
Some days come clean, other days are sneaky
Some days take less, but most days take more
Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor

--Some Days are Better Then Other, U2

I have a soft spot for that U2 song from their album Zooropa. They recorded hard and fast while on a two year tour. I imagine the band had no idea what day or time it was when they recorded that song. For a while that last line about the day slipping through your fingers was true for me.

This is not always bad as some days don't have much substance anyway.

Today I am tired, hungry, and hot and I want to be home. I want a nice cool drink while I sit on the couch and soak up whatever the air conditioner wants to give me. Sadly, I played with the computer last night instead of cleaning up so I do have some work ahead of me. I see some nice mellow Metallica (that is joke) in my future turned up real loud. See if I can make the sub woofer bounce around the room.

If any of you out there like Metallica they have a new album called Death Magnetic. I have heard four of the songs and they rock hard and carry a big punch. Yes, for a metal band this is a good thing! When I break down and buy the album I will review it here.

Anyway, U2’s song has some serious lines but in general is a fun song. Compare this to the famous John Denver song, “Some Days are Diamonds.”

Some days are diamonds some days are stones
Sometimes the hard times won't leave me alone
Sometimes a cold wind blows a chill in my bones
Some days are diamonds some days are stones.

A bit dark even for me and that is a bad sign.

One of my friends in college was a Music Major focusing on composition. He always said the two great composers were Beethoven and John Denver. I wished I had stayed in touched and discovered how his music was influenced by such a belief.

Now is my time to leave work and rush for the bus.

Take care out there and send me email I have time to read it!

--Z

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment