Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

One Bag is Not Enough

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 / Posted by Zackary /

Yesterday my friend Robert and I grabbed some snacks from McDonald's and set outside by Nagoya Station to enjoy the sunny weather. I tell you this story to share with you how much the Japanese love bags.

My order of fries came in the usual container and then went in a paper bag. Seeing I was an American they included a cute container of ketchup. Sadly, this ketchup did not get its own bag. My large coke (not actually that large) came in the usual container and then went in a paper bag. Both bags were carefully folder at the top as is the custom. Usually it is taped too but I think McDonald's just does the big precise fold. Anyway, both bags were put into the big bag you can see in the link below. A big thank you goes to Robert and his i-Phone for the picture and link.

http://brightkite.com/objects/5353ef90499b11dea55a003048c0801e

Labels:

1 comments:

Comment by Unknown on May 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Not pretty is it Z.What I love is when they get separate plastic bags for their cigarettes and their ice creams at the convenience store then walk straight outside and throw the bags in the bin.
I think it has actually got worse than when I first came here 17years ago.

Post a Comment