Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

Friday, December 05, 2008 / Posted by Zackary /

-
Konnichiwa (good afternoon)!

Friday afternoon and the city is blanketed in darkness and rain which I find comforting. In my head Miles Davis is playing Summertime with a mute while Herbie Hancock caresses the piano and Tony Williams gently touches the cymbals with a brush. There are few things I enjoy more on a rainy day like this then listening to Miles and drifting into a delicious sleep.

So maybe I will skip yet another English party tonight and enjoy some candle light, wine and my tunes. People tell me silly things like, “Why would you bother with candles when you are alone?” Or, “Why go to the trouble of setting up a good vibe when you are alone?” I don’t listen. People said the same things in Chicago when I painted my bathroom bright purple with black trim. That bathroom rocked and I still miss it. The funny thing is my landlord thought I wanted to paint the whole place purple and was okay with it.

Dr. David Burns (http://www.feelinggood.com/) describes self-esteem as, “How you treat yourself when no one else is around.” I love this definition and continue to learn how to be good to myself. Many of you may understand how much easier it is to be nice to other people.

Thank you for hanging out with me for a bit and sharing my mood.

Love & Peace,

^^^Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment