Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

Personal Note - Lost in Translation

Thursday, December 18, 2008 / Posted by Zackary /

On A Personal Note

I slept in today. Actually, I slept the day away. My cell phone vibrated against the tatami mat and woke me up. Opening one eye briefly I saw a message which I didn't like. Responding to that message I was perhaps not very nice.

Turns out the message didn't mean what I thought it meant at all. So I felt hurt and shared that hurt and there was no reason for anyone to be hurt at all.

So I didn't have a latte with Tomomi at the Starbucks up in Nagoya Tower. Instead, I looked around and waited for half an hour before she told me the train was taking her home.

You think you understand someone and maybe you do but with language and culture to overcome it is not easy.

All I know for sure is that I hurt someone and we both feel sad.


Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment