Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

Coke or Pepsi in Japan?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 / Posted by Zackary /

I think Coke has done a better job than Alexander conquering the known world. You can find Pepsi in Japan but Coke is the dominant American soft drink. Every month or two I find a vending machine with Mt. Dew and jump up and down and generally cause Japanese people to laugh at me.

Coke in Japan to me anyway tastes exactly like Coke in America. In Chicago there was a Mexican place that imported Coke from Mexico and it was good but more sweet. In Europe I thought that Coke also tasted sweet but in a different way.

Peace,
-Zackary


Labels:

1 comments:

Comment by Zackary on February 25, 2009 at 4:22 AM

From my friends at Twitter:

HumbIe - know in many places they use high fructose corn syrup, while in others they use cane sugar...so it actually does taste different.

Snowkitten - You're not imagining things. Many companies alter product taste to suit the locals. And - I've never had Japanese Coke, but I know Chinese Coke tasted different, not as sweet.

Jihmm - from what i understand, all major sodas in the US have corn syrup, overseas they don't, so they do taste different.

Post a Comment