Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

Ramen Stand - Tokyo Japan

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 / Posted by Zackary /

A few months ago in Tokyo I stayed up most of the night taking pictures. In the wee hours I got some some sleep at an Internet Cafe but the next day I was groggy. Leaving the cafe with my 4th cup of coffee I was waking up but starving. Walking down the street I pulled out my camera, put my ear buds in, and was just turning up Miles Davis when I smelled food. Not wow I have to get some of that right away but food non the less. Setting at the table in this picture an old man brought me a steaming bowl of ramen noodles. I closed by eyes, waited for the noddles to cool and Miles to tell me more about life. Taking off my glasses I set them next to a green glass of water and chop sticks that had appeared. Leaving forward I brushed back my hair, positioned my chop sticks, and consumed the contents of the bowl. A Japanese friend told me once that drinking all the broth makes you fat. He was fat so I guess he knew what he was talking about. Getting up I found it hard to remember there had been anything but salt in that bowl. Hitting pause on my i-Pod I asked the old man how much and somehow he communicated it was 700 yen. In anger I pushed the play button while giving him two silver coins and a gold one as I started walking further into the circus they call Tokyo.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment