Version 2.0 - Tokyo is coming soon. Please excuse the construction and let me know if you have any problems.

Dispatches from India (from a guest artist)

Friday, December 12, 2008 / Posted by Zackary /

-
Greetings To All My Loyal Readers (and any new people that are checking it out)!
-
A little break from Japan, Chicago and my voice this time.
-
My friend, Jeremy Jones is a fascinating person and has spent much of his life traveling. We met when I found out he was selling his guitar. I stopped by to pick up the guitar and we ended up talking about two hours. When two guys with big music collections get together (he has more music then I do) it can be a grand time. Jeremy is a good musician and has a great voice so it was fun to hear him.
-
He had been to India before and a few months later decided to return. This time he was on a spiritual quest and traveled throughout India. While in India he sent out a number of group email to his friends. With Jeremy’s kind permission I am putting some of them on my blog.
-
So without further ado, here is a posting from Jeremy in India.
-
___________________________________________________
Dear Friends & Family,
-
I hope all is well in your part of the world. I've been wrapping up things here as I am India bound on March 27th. Only six weeks to go in Japan. I'm beginning my journey in Delhi for a couple of days, and then I'll be northbound to Dharamsala for an indefinite period. In case you don't know, Dharamsala is the residence of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. He's been living in exile there for a few decades now. Dharamsala is in the far north of India right in the heart of the Himalayas.
-
Anyway, It's been quite cold here in Japan, and in fact, we got a heavy snowfall here just several days ago. About a week ago I had the opportunity to go to Tokyo for the day, and I also caught a great glimpse of Mt. Fuji. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of either spectacle!
-
I have attached some photos of the area in which I'm living. The first set of photos were taken on a mountain top about a mile down from where I'm living. In the background you can see some snow capped peaks to the north and the skyscrapers of Nagoya to the south. The other photos are miscellaneous shots of the snowfall while I was in Nagoya.
-
Once again, I hope all is well. Feel free to send me a message anytime.
-
Peace & Harmony
Jeremy
P.S. In case you didn't see my photos from my trip to Kyoto and Nara in October 2007, please click on the link below:
http://www4.snapfish.com/share/p=37271194451452274/l=230790195/g=109226435/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dear Friends and Family,

I hope all is well wherever you are. I apologize but I don't have much time to write a proper e-mail. Anyway, I have made it to my destination and I must say it was a long and tiresome one. I've been in Mcleod Ganj for 4 days now, and things are definitely really nice here. I feel a sense of peace from the spiritual atmosphere in this remote mountain village. I am going on retreat starting tomorrow and won't be around a computer for a while.

Furthermore, I like this place so much that I will likely stay here for a while. I'll be focusing on Yoga, meditation, volunteer work and learning Hindi (and maybe Tibetan). There are people here from all over the world working with the Tibetan refugees. It's really an interesting place with many interesting people. I also took a 12 hour hike yesterday and caught a great glimpse of the Himalayas. They truly are massive and breathtaking.

I hope all is well.

Peace & Harmony,

Jeremy

0 comments:

Post a Comment